Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cut to the Chase-r

I like to drink.  I’m just throwing that out there.  Judge me.

Here’s the thing:
Sometimes I drink for fun socially, sometimes I drink to relax and chill out at home after a long day at work, and sometimes I don’t need a reason!  Honestly, I imbibe wine and usually bright citrus numbers, especially in the summer.  I typically try to keep a $7-14 price range, especially on weeknights, but I’m working up an experiment.  One could go as far as calling it a challenge... 

I’ve recently moved in with my guy, my very very sober guy.  In doing so I’ve taken on cooking dinner for the two of us on a fairly narrow budget just about every evening.  I’ve also realized how very stagnant my vino choices have become. So, here’s my challenge: pair affordable wine with my modest weeknight dinners, keeping budget and enjoyment in mind, make a quick tasting note on the wines, and jot down a couple high points about the food pairing choice.  How many should I shoot for a week?  3 sounds good to me...  The wine budget and selection could get a little dicey, but it’s possible my trusty HEB (grocery store) or the Goody Goody Liquor just down the street will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment