Monday, October 8, 2012

Go Back With Me...I Wrote This Last Saturday :)

Today I actually smelled myself, like not in a quick-sniff-under-the-arm-to-check-myself, no, I could smell my body in a negative way without trying.  Glamorous.

Work is crazy right now.  I work in a branch of hospitality centered around a sport, in a venue that has been closed, nearly since I was hired, for remodeling.  I won’t go into depth on the scale of the remodel or bore you with yammering on and on about being forced to use the men’s room at work because the women’s was out of order, but I will yammer just a bit about my crazy job.  I’m a chef with Classical French training, basically managing two business.  Maybe 3.  There’s a snack bar, a restaurant, and a catering situation on the side...and then there’s me.  And my friend Kim.  And. That’s. It.

We’re doomed. 

I’ve hired people, 1 of which chose another job instead, but failed to mention it until she was on the schedule.  I did receive a really lovely handwritten apology note from her today. Odd.  The other guy worked a couple days and on opening day, TEXT (?!?) to say he would not be coming in that day or any day in the future.  Since Monday Kim and I have worked too many hours to count...our customer service abilities are declining to say the very least, but we are surviving, and hopefully so will our client base :-/

I say all that to say I have not forgotten to blog, I’ve just been simply too tired.  Wine to me is about stopping to pause and enjoy something with a little whimsy to it.  Sitting down, and reflecting on memories brought back through aromas, and exploring, through the senses, something that brings pleasure to me.  For that there has been no time.  I won’t deny the fact that I’ve indulged  over the past 2 weeks (that’s sometimes part of survival!), but I will say it wasn’t the same.  It was less civil.

Gotta Love Central Market - shopping there changes my mood!!



Tonight a part time “gummy bear” came in to work though, and afforded me a trip to a grocery that is a pleasure for me to shop in (Central Market) to pick up a “chef prepared” dinner and a new bottle of vino. I put no thought into the pairing, and I’m not sure if it will work out, but the description on the bottle of Italian white read “citrus flavors,” I bought salmon, and I’m pretty sure it’ll do.

Bear with me friends, this too shall pass.  For now, I say have a glass of wine tonight for me!  Maybe you could share a favorite that got you through in a pinch...and give me a suggestion for a future post?? 

Salude

No comments:

Post a Comment